Sewing and textiles with Ann
A quick pair of summer pyjamas in well under a weekend. The top incorporates the material from my winter pyjamas made late last year. I kept it deliberately. I debated for a while about what other fabric to use, and in fact, went as far as cutting up an old nightie in preparation, but I felt that the material did not balance correctly with the ladybirds material, so I bought some broderie anglais on the market. Maybe I had already learnt my lesson, as I deliberately bought too much. And then I needed the extra. It was only patterned up to about 3″ from the selvedge, and I found that one of the sides of the trousers had been cut from the plain part of the material. But there was enough to rescue the situation.
Apart from that, there were no real challenges in the sewing. It’s a pleasure to be sewing with cotton again. It’s so straightforward to use. I bought a tool for pulling elastic through and turning rouleaux loops this week, and I found both sizes to be very useful for pulling the elastic in these garments.
I like the results. I don’t think it will be long before they are in use.