all my own work by ann

Sewing and textiles with Ann

Pyjama Top

20131013-153018.jpg
As promised last week, here is the matching pyjama top. I hope it’s not too over-powering when I put the two together.

As always, here’s a summary of the trouble I have had, despite Butterick insisting that this is easy to sew.

Button hole trouble again. I unpicked about 6 and sewed about 5. I even had the instruction book out at one stage to work out what I was doing wrong. Answer: nothing. I still don’t understand why the button hole foot doesn’t always work.

And fabric….. Ok, I did pay not a lot of money for it on the market. Or was it the iron? I did need to rush out yesterday, after something of a small of burning coming from the iron, and purchase a new one. On a couple of occasions it seems to have shrunk the fabric when steamed. Putting the buttons on has overcome the problems on the front, but I ended up completely scrapping one sleeve and starting again.

I know you are supposed to wash and iron the fabric before starting, but this is a practice that I have regularly not done, except for material bought in Asia. Maybe I should have done it this time. I slightly fear washing it, but then again, it will probably soften a little and be alright. And anyway, it’s so wet this weekend, that if I had washed the material it still wouldn’t have been dry and ready to sew!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on October 13, 2013 by in Fashion, Jackets, Sewing, Tops and tagged , , .
%d bloggers like this: