Sewing and textiles with Ann
A prophesy fulfilled……. It was only after I had completed this that I noticed that this is a Katherine Tilton pattern – the third one that I have made in recent weeks. It’s the second time that I have used Butterick 6026, and last time I made the sleeved version, I did say that it would look good made sleeveless in a pink stripe. And it does.
This is the first made up garment from my NEC purchases a couple of weeks ago. Fabrics Galore stock ex – Paul Smith fabric, and it is lovely fabric for crisp shirts. So to go with my blue striped version, I now have a pink sleeveless version, and everything that I said in the last blog, still applies.
I took my own advice and marked using a pink pencil and ruler, particularly marking the inside end of the tucks. I stitched the tucks as soon as I had marked them. Hard part done!
The rest comes together easily, including the sleeve facings, which are a bit different to other sleeve facings, but work OK.
I still recommend the pattern, but I suspect that I now have enough Paul Smith shirts, although there is enough fabric left for something else, as always!